Joining Forces is a national initiative that mobilizes all sectors of society to give American service members and their families the opportunities and support they have earned. In support of Joining Forces, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), created the Joining Forces Network, an initiative that provides free health club memberships to immediate family members of deployed Reservists and National Guard members.
1. Who is eligible to receive a free membership?
Immediate family members of actively deployed Reservists and National Guard members are eligible. Offerings vary by club and may include spouses, teenage children, parents or siblings.
2. Is the program only available to family members of Reservists and National Guard?
Yes. The program is for family members of actively deployed Reservists and National Guard members because these families do not typically have easy access to fitness facilities located on military bases.
3. How long will the complimentary membership be in effect?
Participating clubs are encouraged to offer 6 month memberships however, it is important to contact the club to confirm the details and availability of their offer.
4. Should I expect to pay for additional services, such as towels, lockers, etc.?
Yes, it is reasonable for clubs to charge for additional services, assuming that paying members are also required to pay for the services.
5. I am already a member of a participating club. Does this mean that my membership is now free?
No. Club members should expect to fulfill their current contractual obligations.
6. How do I find a participating club?
Visit healthclubs.com/joiningforces to find a participating club and view the details of their offer. You can recommend clubs for the IHRSA Joining Forces Network here.
Note: Not all IHRSA clubs listed on healthclubs.com participate in the IHRSA Joining Forces Network. The listings for clubs that participate in the IHRSA Joining Forces Network include the Joining Forces logo:
ELIGIBLE FAMILY MEMBERS SHOULD FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE IHRSA JOINING FORCES NETWORK.
1. Visit healthclubs.com to find a club in your area that participates in the IHRSA Joining Forces Network.
2. CALL THE CLUB to confirm the details and availability of their offer, and to arrange a visit. Be sure to inquire about the type of identification and documentation required by the club.
3. Upon arrival, be prepared to provide the identification and documentation required, as well as to complete the necessary paperwork to get started.
NOTES TO THE CLUB
IHRSA clubs that participate in the IHRSA Joining Forces Network have agreed to offer free memberships to
immediate family members of actively deployed Reservists and National Guard members.
- You may search for your club at healthclubs.com to confirm whether your club participates in the network, and to view the details of your membership offer.
- For more information about the IHRSA Joining Forces Network, please visit ihrsa.org/joining-forces-network.
- For more information about IHRSA membership, please visit ihrsa.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IHRSA, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association, is a not-for-profit trade association, representing over 9,000 for profit health and fitness facilities and over 650 supplier companies in 75 countries.
Founded in 1981, IHRSA’s mission is to grow, protect and promote the health and fitness industry, and to
provide its members with benefits that will help them be more successful.